- Use the Teaching and Learning Technologies Planning Group to develop strategies and build consensus on new directions and investments in educational computing.
- Consolidate web educational content, which in the past has been distributed across as many as three web environments, into the Angel Learning System to provide a single repository of, and standard interface/template for, web-based curriculum material. We are rapidly approaching the point where every course offered at KUMC has a web-based component.
- Upgrade and enhance the computer-based testing environment to accommodate the requirements of the schools.
- Support clinical skills labs, simulators, etc., from the technical perspective.
- Support student devices (tablets, PDAs, etc.) according to the programmatic requirements of the schools.
- Assist with the evaluation and integration of new technologies into KUMC's educational programs.
- Plan and manage the technical and library support infrastructure for new programs (as, for example, a potential Virtual Public Health program or a doctoral program in Health Policy and Management).
- Refine the role of the division of Teaching and Learning Technologies to focus on instructional design and development within the framework of technology-base education.
Major Objectives (an objective is ongoing if no target deadline is included)
Jan 30, 2013