"Information access" comprises a set of tools, technologies, and business processes involved in maintaining accurate directory (generally non-demographic) data about employees, students, and other affiliated people; managing their access privileges to network and system resources; and doing both in the contexts of information security and privacy.
- Employees, students, and employee and student groups have personalized, granular, and secure access to exactly the resources they need.
- Maintain single sign-on to web applications using CAS or other appropriate tool(s)..
- The KUMC portal myKUMC is the primary mechanism for customized access to local web resources requiring authentication.
- Assure that digital signatures are available for all KUMC applications requiring or benefitting from their use.
- Facilitate inter-campus resource access with KU Lawrence.
- Work with KUMC functional areas to identify and deploy tools for managing activities associated with KUMC events (registration, scheduling, logistics, etc.)
Major objectives (an objective is ongoing if not target deadline is included)
- IA-2b: Implement the ability to create and maintain ad hoc groups on demand by June 1, 2011. (SS)
- IA-15: Work with the Hospital to align IdM account creation and monitoring processes. (SS)
- IA-16: Establish regular meetings with KUL IdM group to understand our processes and align them where possible (SS)
- IA-21: Implement the creation and maintenance of common usernames across all KU campuses by February 1, 2013 (SS)
- IA-22: Implement access for former employees to pay advice only for 30 days by November 11, 2012 (SS)
- IA-26: Implement process to populate PS HR/Pay with mailstops from the IdM Meta-tree by September 10, 2012. (SS)
Apr 03, 2013