or call (913) 588-0555.
Much of what we know about Alzheimer's disease would not have been possible without research and study participants. Whether you have memory changes or not, joining a study will help find a cure for Alzheimer's disease.
10 Early Signs of Alzheimer's Disease
1. Memory loss that disrupts life
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work, or at leisure
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things or losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
10. Changes in mood or personality
The KU ADC offers a wide range of clinical research for which you may be eligible to participate, and every study unlocks more clues about the mysteries of Alzheimer's disease. We also offer National Institutes of Health (NIH) sponsored clinical trials and observational studies that have been designed by KU ADC researchers as well as pharmaceutical industry-sponsored clinical trials and interventional studies.
The decision to participate in clinical research should be made after careful consideration. Some studies involve one or two visits, while others require a commitment over multiple months or years. Before deciding to join a study, be sure you understand all risks, potential treatment benefits, and obligations.