Top 10 Reasons to Visit the Student Health CenterTop 10 Reasons to Visit the Student Health Center
- FREE unlimited office visits for acute and chronic issues. This includes any visit with an NP or a physician. Procedures and lab testing are offered at reduced pricing.
- FREE TB testing. Testing is free unless you fail to return to the office to have your test read.
- Walk-in Immunization Clinic. Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:00 to1:00. We offer all required immunizations at reasonable rates. No appointment necessary.
- Procedures and certain blood tests, such as titers, are offered at reduced pricing. Please call for an appointment.
- FREE blood pressure checks. This can be done on a walk-in basis during regular office hours except during immunization clinic.
- FREE travel medicine visits. There may be additional charges for vaccines, but the visit is absolutely free. Our web-based travel medicine resource uses CDC guidelines to provide the most up to date, specific information.
- Contraceptive and family planning consults. Any of the providers are happy to consult with you about all of the options at no charge.
- Mole checks. Our physicians are happy to take a look at your mole for no charge. Biopsies are available, if indicated, at a reasonable price.
- Blood borne pathogen exposure visits and labs. We hope that it does not happen, but if you are exposed to a patient's blood or body fluid while performing student duties, we will see you and perform all necessary testing at Student Health Services. Your program of study pays for this service.
- Unlimited FREE office visits for stress related issues. We know there are many demands placed on students while they are trying to attain their professional goals. If you are struggling with issues such as insomnia, anxiety, depression, or eating concerns, we would be happy to visit with you. We often work with the counseling center and educational support to help you with your recovery and to maximize your potential.
Jan 14, 2013